Epson Salt Council Review & DIY: Candy Cane Bath Salts

The Epsom Salt Council has been around since 1993 to help spread the word on all the benefits Epsom salt can be used for.
I went to the store a few weeks ago and bought a couple boxes so that I could have some come this Holiday to make bath salts for friends, family, the kids teachers, etc. 
When you look on the container of the box not only are there directions, warnings, how to use Epsom salt, but it also included tons of recipes for what you can use it for.  Some of the recipes included how you can use it for Veggies, Lawn Care, Facials shrubs, foot scrubs and so much more. Did you know that it can also help you treat poison ivy, bee stings and mosquito bites? I sure didn’t. And I now know what to use next Summer when those mosquitoes start to come back.
I've made bath salts before (Homemade Bath Salts) but I only use my two favorite essential oils and thought I should do something different since Christmas is coming up soon. I decided to check on their Facebook page to see if they post recipes you could use which lead me to Candy Cane Bath Salts!  Below is the recipe which was shared with the Epsom Salt Council from Best Unique Gift Idea.com.
Candy Cane Bath Salts

  • 3 cups of Epsom salt
  • 3 c. tsp almond oil
  • 9 drops of essential oil of peppermint
  • 1 drop red food coloring (more if you want)
  • Let stand a few hours.
That’s it! I didn’t use red food coloring in mine, but it sure did smell like candy canes in my bath last night and I can not wait to make some more of these for some of my girlfriends and family members this year for Christmas. I'll have to try the red food coloring for gifts.  
There are tons of other ways you can use Epsom Salt and I plan on using a couple more ideas and will be sharing them with you as I try them. But until then below are a couple of other bath salt recipes I’ve found throughout the web and with the help of The Epsom Salt Council’s facebook page!


~ LaQuita

0 comments:

Post a Comment