Oreo Stuffed Brownies

What a week. If you follow us on twitter you know that I (LaQuita) was getting ready for some guests from California to pop in and visit for a few days. We had so much fun. As soon as they left is when the pain began for me, literally. My tooth got infected and I had to go to the dentist twice this week. I feel a lot better. But anywho, while my guests were here, I got to make one of my favorite desserts that I love so much, Oreo Stuffed Brownies! This is not diet friendly, those of you that are on a diet look away. =P



So I found this recipe earlier this year looking on Foodgawker. I wanted something new and something with chocolate. When I saw this I just had to make it. If you do make them please let me know how yours turned out. Enjoy!



Oreo-Stuffed Brownies
Source: Adapted from Sing For Your Supper
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 package Oreos

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat (or microwave) briefly, just until it’s hot, but not bubbling; it’ll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating the mixture a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.

While the sugar heats a second time, beat the eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla until smooth. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture, stirring until smooth.

Add the flour and chips, again stirring until smooth.

Spoon half of the batter into the greased pan. Place the Oreos in even rows across the batter (as many as you can fit). Pour the remaining batter over the Oreos and gently spread to the edges of the pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the brownies for at least 10 minutes before serving.


-- Also our His Country Girl Book Giveaway ends in five more days, if you haven't entered yet, you still have time!

~ LaQuita

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, how sinful do those look?

    Joy
    www.PardonMyPoppet.com/PipSqueaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, might have to buy some Oreos later. Stopping by from the Weekend Blog Hop. http://bottlesdiapersbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm hello! Yummy! Those look sooooo.....good! You should link that up in our recipe hop too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, HOW COOL!!! I'm going to have to try those! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete